Saturday, August 20, 2011

do you know you're unlike any other/ you'll always be my thunder

Remember the time I didn't blog for an entire summer, because I was too busy quitting my old job then trying to get it back for the school year, prepping for my MA, working full-time at a sweet theatre job, acquiring a semi-roommate and then both of us trying to acquire a two-bedroom apartment upstairs and just generally living life? Yeah, me too.

Amidst the madness that is my life and obviously the things I've been up to, blogging has slid away from me the way that books half-finished have slid under my bed: I know that they're there and need paying-attention-to, but I just haven't the time or inclination to do so.

Now, staring down the barrel of my 23rd birthday, and the end of my year off from formal, post-secondary education, I recognize the need to get back to my blog. My brain churns with crazy thoughts, and I want to get them all down, but as it stands, I don't know how to put it all into words. It's almost been a year since I started this thing, and looking back I can see how I've grown. I need to keep growing, and keep recording. Lord knows it keeps me grounded.

So hello again, blogosphere. Let us not be apart for so long ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment